Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I have read your Jan. 7, 2016 reply to a question about

Customer Question
being able to deduct the...
I have read your Jan. 7, 2016 reply to a question about being able to deduct the annual permit fee to the U.S. Forest Service. You said "No" due to the fact it is not a tax based on the value of the real estate. However, now that the fee is established on the assessment value of the land and tiers have been established based on the assessments can this now be deducted from our taxes?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Tax
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The Cabin Fee Act (CFA) was signed into law in 2014. The Tiers are based on the appaised assessment (value) of the land the cabin sits on. It does not take into account the residential cabin or improvements. I found this in fs.usda.gov under CFA frequently asked questions.
3/15/2018
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 1 month ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Even though the Cabin Fee is calculated based on the land value, the Cabin Fee is not part of your property taxes and not deductible on your tax return.

I wish I had better news for you.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent