Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I have a tax lien, imposed in 2010, that I am slowly

Customer Question
I have a tax...

I have a tax lien, imposed in 2010, that I am slowly repaying. However, the entire amount ($11,000+) continues to appear on my credit report. At this point, I owe about $5,300. One credit bureau told me that would be the case until 10 years after, when it would be removed. But I don't understand why it can't reflect the current amount owed and the fact that I am making payments on it. I think that an IRS rep once told me that if I had my monthly payment on auto payment, they could expunge that.

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

Such as?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Tax
3/14/2018
Tax Professional: PhillipsEsq., Attorney-at-Law replied 3 months ago
PhillipsEsq.
PhillipsEsq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

If you receive a phone call offer, kindly disregard the offer. The offer is being made to you automatically by the site and not by me. Also, I do not participate in the phone call program.

I have carefully reviewed your post. However, I did not see a specific question. What is your specific question?

Thank you for your cooperation.

My question is how do I get my credit report to reflect the payments I have made on my tax lien. It continues to show the full amount ($11,000+) instead of the amount I now owe ($5,300 or so).

Thank you for the information.

Kindly give me a few minutes to review the information that you have provided and prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Kindly note that I am working with multiple customers on the site and I respond to posts in order that they are received. If you have not heard from me it does not mean that I have ignored your post. It just means that I am currently working with another customer.

Thank you for your understanding.

OK. This is not working for me. I would like to get a refund on my $5.

What is not working for you?

I have to review and prepare my response. However, I will opt out to give another Professional the opportunity to further assist you.

I cannot type that fast.

The entire process. I was charged $5 to ask a question and no answer is forthcoming, when they said it would take $8 minutes. And now you're asking for $52 for a phone call? No. I want out. How do I get my $5 back and off your list?
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney