Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

In the state of Florida, do we have to charge sales tax to…

In the state of Florida...
In the state of Florida, do we have to charge sales tax to our customers if we pay it to the vendor for an order? This would be for Retail Sales Only, not orders that are associated to installing the product or doing work in the house.
3/14/2018
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

Yes. Your Florida Annual Resale Certificate for Sales Tax allows you to make tax-exempt purchases or rentals for resale tax exempt. Each sale unless exempt is required to collect for sales tax.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
But we are already paying the tax so why does it matter whether we collect from the client?

Because you are reselling.

Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4