Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Let me start again, the manager of my apartment building…

Customer Question
Let me start again...

Let me start again, the manager of my apartment building wants a proof of income, how do I get this proof. Phil

Accountant's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I am in Florida

Accountant's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I filed my Inome Tax for 2017

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Tax
3/14/2018
Tax Professional: Carter McBride, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 4 months ago
Carter McBride
Carter McBride, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hey! I'm Carter, I'm a CPA and can help you out.

Typically, apartment managers will accept a copy of your 2017 taxes. If you have a recent paystub, that is also proof. They'll typically will accept copies of W-2s or 1099-MISCs as well.

Let me know if you need more information. If you do not have any of those or the manager will not accept them, let me know too and we can see if we can come up with something else. If not, please leave a rating. Thanks!

I have given her a copy of my income tax return, and my W2 of my part time job, I have done this for years now and not she won't accept it.

You can try your current pay stubs or a copy of your most recent bank statement to show you have income coming in. Your best bet may be to sit down with her and ask what she is looking for from you.

Hey! Just wanted to follow up to see if you needed anything else. If not, please leave a rating so I can get credit for helping you out. Thanks!