Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I have to file taxes for 2014. I have two W-2's from the…

I have to file...

I have to file taxes for 2014. I have two W-2's from the same employer. I have been employed with them consistently for 12 years. The employer ID is different on both W2's. I think our company changed locations or something like that. My question is do I file two separate W2's or do one and an amendment?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

My state Revenue Department ( NC ) advised they did not get a return from me for 2013 and 2014. I have already filed for 2013. They received a notice from the IRS, however I did already file and receive a refund for 2013

3/14/2018
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** will be assisting you. I am prepping my response, which I will provide to you in the next thread(s).

----------------------------

Note that telephone call and other solicitations are automatically generated by the site, not me. If not interested, simply decline.

Still typing...

Regarding the W2, as the Identification numbers are different, my suggestion is that you file the W2s as two different W2s.

I am not sure what, if anything you need to know about 2013.

--------------------------------

In closing, my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible! Hopefully, the service that I have provided has earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you in advance. If you require further assistance, use the reply box and let me know.

Thank You!

You are quite welcome. Please take the time to positively rate my response 3 or more stars so that I can receive credit for assisting you. A 5 star rating is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant