Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I recently had a friend help me with filing my taxes, and i…

Customer Question
I recently had a...

I recently had a friend help me with filing my taxes, and i just realized, in looking over my paperwork, that he used the wrong year on my

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

He used the year of 2015, and now i have no idea what i need to do

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Tax
3/14/2018
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 1 month ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

If you have already filed your tax return, you will have to amend your return to include the correct information.

The amendment form is 1040X. It cannot be efiled so you will have to mail it to the IRS.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do I just need to print the form off?

Yes,

And you will have to make the corrections on Form 1040X.

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent