Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Recived letter from irs LTR 12C says needs more information…

Recived letter from irs...

Recived letter from irs LTR 12C says needs more information to finish my return obtain forms to support the amount of wage or withholding entry of 4000 on line 64 form 1040 submit

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I efile with TurboTax I work from home

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

Idk that what my letter says

3/14/2018
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

Ok thank u

The IRS is questioning the amount that is showing on Line 64 of your return. The amount you reported through TurboTax does not match what the IRS has on documents sent to them from people that withheld tax for you. They want copies of the documents you have that show this withholding.

You said you work from home, did you have a W2? If so they want the copy.

No w2 I have my own business I babysit family and friends children I get paid cash what else could I send them

Can you look at the tax return you filed? Did you save a copy? If so look at line 64

It’s saved on my phone in Dropbox

If you show $4000 as well on your copy, what was that from?

It says 4000 on line 64

What was that from?

Form 1040

I know it is on the 1040 but why? That is shown as an amount of tax that was withheld. The IRS want to know from where?

Maybe I put in wrong spot idk that why I need help I don’t want owe them

I suspect you did your return incorrectly.

Idk I put my expenses like supplies field trips etc maybe that were misunderstandings is

I think at this point you may want to take your copy and the letter to a tax professional near you.

Please let me know if you need more information.
If not then please scroll up to see the STARS to rate so I am credited.

Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
OMG this crazy
Ok thanks I appreciate u talking to me

You are most welcome.