Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I have a client who has not filed a return since 2010 thru…

i have a client who...
i have a client who has not filed a return since 2010 thru 2016. I have all the returns prepared what IRS and NYS address is the proper one. She lives in Long Island.Should I send all returns in one envelope?
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/14/2018
Richard, Tax Attorney

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Good morning. Yes, send them all together. That will allow each government to understand the full nature of your client's compliance. If you were to send them all in separately, they would arrive separately and each individual return would then raise questions about the taxpayer regarding all the missing years. When filed all at once in one envelope, each government can immediately understand that the taxpayer is now in full compliance with the obligation for past returns.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (i.e., 4 or 5 stars)(hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

I need addresses to send them to

Are you sending in payments with the returns? Or, only the returns with no payments?

some have payments others do not

Thank you. Then send them to these addresses:

New York:

STATE PROCESSING CENTER
PO BOX 15555
ALBANY NY###-##-####/p>

IRS:

Internal Revenue Service

P.O. Box 37008

Hartford CT 06176

Richard, Tax Attorney

Thank you so much for the 5-star rating! I know rating takes an additional step and I truly appreciate you taking the extra time! It's been my honor and privilege to help you with this. If I can help you in any way in the future, I'll be happy to help. For easy access, my bookmark is: www.justanswer.com/law/expert-legalbeacon/ . Or, simply request “Richard only” in the first line of your question.