Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I lost my W2 form. Retired > How can a get another copy. How…

Customer Question
I lost my W2...

I lost my W2 form. Retired > How can a get another copy

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

How can I get a copy of my W2? I lost mine. I am retired. no real income except social security

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/13/2018
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 4 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Just Answer is not associated with Social Security, so we do not have access to your personal information.

There are three ways to obtain a copy of your SSA-1099 from Social Security.

1. The quickest and easiest way is to use your online "My Social Security" account. If you do not yet have an online Social Security account, you can register at the following link:

https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

Once you are logged into your account, click on "replacement documents."

2. Call Social Security at 1-***-***-**** between the hours of 7:00 am and 7:00 pm, Monday through Friday.

3. Visit your local Social Security office.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know so I can continue to assist you.