Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

How and how much per year can you carry over on investment…

How long and how...

How long and how much per year can you carry over on investment loss?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I am having to change CPA's this year, they are too busy evidently to schedule me for appt. So I have an investment loss they have been carrying over per the company's K whatever form for a few years. The company is in BK. the loss was $50,000. How much per year and for how long can I carry over or claim the loss?

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

I don't think so but I am not sure what else they would need or what other questions to ask on this matter.

3/13/2018
Carter McBride
Carter McBride, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hey! I'm Carter, I'm a CPA and can help you out with this.

You can deduct your investment losses (known as capital gain losses) against all your capital gain income. You can then deduct an additional $3,000 per year. This carrys forward forever.

Let me know if you need anything else. If not, please leave a rating. Thanks!

Carter McBride
Thank you, ***** ***** so helpful.