Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I started an ecommerce online retail store 6 months ago. I…

Hello. I started an...

Hello. I started an ecommerce online retail store 6 months ago. I created an LLC and the address listed on the articles of organization is UPS store where I receive my mail and they function as my registered agent. When filling out a business license for my local city, do I include my home address or the location of where my official business address is located? I conduct all of my business from my home office but I did not want to list my home address on my website.

Accountant's Assistant: Can you tell me what state the LLC is registered in?

Oregon

Accountant's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I'm sorry, in terms of taxes?

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, that should be fine.

3/13/2018
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Is your home address and "official business address" in the same city?

If so, use your "official business address."

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know so I can continue to assist you.

Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
I have another question. My store functions on a dropship basis. Customers order through me and the manufacturer ships directly to the customer. I live in Oregon which has no sales tax. Should I be collecting sales tax for out of state purchases. It seems like there is a lot of debate surrounding this topic. Thanks!

Thank you for the positive rating of my answer. It is very much appreciated.