Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I filled out my CA Dept of Insurance application and I think…

Customer Question
I filled out my...

I filled out my CA Dept of Insurance application and I think I might have answered a question incorrectly by not understanding the question "Have you ever been notified by any jurisdiction of any delinquent tax obligations that is not the subject of a repayment agreement?"

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Tax
I answered "no" because all my tax issues I am able to set up payment plans. I currently have a payment plan with Franchise Tax Board that I pay monthly for my delinquent tax issue. I also have a Federal Tax Lien, that I am in contact with the IRS. She has not put me on a payment plan because I am filling out paperwork and she's figuring out the payment plan. I'm afraid I might have not understood this question correctly.
3/13/2018
Tax Professional: Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 4 months ago
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

Hi. My name’s Lane …

I hold a law degree (J.D.), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA in finance, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS (Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist) designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, to clients on three continents, since 1986.

I’m reading your question now.

Bear with me a moment while I type up my response.

….

Then if you have further questions we can go from there.

That's a good catch (the kind of things that lawyers are taught to catch)

...

Becasue you're not yet on the installment payment plan with IRS (they have not yet granted it and sent you the agreement) you really can't answer that question with a no.

...

You are not QUITE at the place where the delinquent tax is "the subject of a repayment agreement."

...

HOWEVER, as they review - because of the high level of information sharing between state and federal agencies these says, they MAY see that it's pending and put things on through ... but that's speculation.

...

I'm so sorry, but the bot***** *****ne here is that the federal debt cannot be perceived as SUBJECT TO an agreement before the agreement exists and both parties to the agreement, you and IRS, accept the terms.

Please let me know if you have ANY questions at all, before rating me.

If this has helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the stars on your screen, and then clicking “submit")

That’s the only way JustAnswer.com will credit me for the work.

But again, let me know if you need more here,

Lane