Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Is there a way to determine if a Sub S tax return filed for…

Is there a way...

Is there a way to determine if a Sub S tax return filed for 2016 and if the return was marked "Final"?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Client can not locate any copy of 2016 tax return. The return was to have been completed by corporate accountant. The return was suppose to be marked "Final" but client does not know if it was. Is there a way to find out if the 2016 was marked final?

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

I do not believe so. Just looking for a way to confirm if the 2016 tax return was marked final.

3/13/2018
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** will be assisting you. I am prepping my response, which I will provide to you in the next thread(s).

----------------------------

Note that telephone call and other solicitations are automatically generated by the site, not me. If you are not interested, simply decline.

Still writing...

There are a few different ways that the person can find out if a 2016 tax return for the S-Corp has been filed.

1) They can call the IRS Business and Specialty hotline and ask if a 2016 tax return was filed and if it was marked final or not. 1-***-***-****;

2) They can request a copy of the tax account transcript for the business by completing a Form 4506-T. This will take a while though because it has to be done by mail.

The quickest way is to call the IRS. However, the hold times might be long.

-----------------------------

In closing, my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible! Hopefully, the service that I have provided has earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you in advance. If you require further assistance, use the reply box and let me know.

Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant