Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

How to report gain/loss of crypto currency on schedule D as…

How to report gain/loss of...
How to report gain/loss of crypto currency on schedule D as they did not give any 1099B
3/13/2018
Chad EA, CFP ®
Chad EA, CFP ®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER TM, Professional

Hello!

My name is***** will assist you today.

Please give me one moment while I review your question and type my initial response

You will first complete IRS Form 8949 Sales and Other Dispositions of Capital Assets, which I have linked to below.

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8949.pdf

___

For short term gains you will report in Part I

(C) Short-term transactions not reported to you on Form 1099-B

For long term gains you will report in Part II

(F) Long-term transactions not reported to you on Form 1099-B

These numbers will then carry over to Schedule D

Here is the link to IRS Form 8949

Please let me know if this has answered your question or if you have any additional questions.

When you have no further questions a positive rating of 5 stars is much appreciated.

Thank you!

Chad EA, CFP ®
Chad EA, CFP ®
Chad EA, CFP ®