Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

When starting up a new business, is it better to file taxes…

when starting up a new...
when starting up a new business, is it better to file taxes quarterly, and how would we go about it?
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/13/2018
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

If you are in business for yourself, you generally need to make estimated tax payments. Estimated tax is used to pay not only income tax, but other taxes such as self-employment tax.

Individuals, including sole proprietors, partners, and S corporation shareholders, generally have to make estimated tax payments if they expect to owe tax of $1,000 or more when their return is filed.

There is a worksheet in Form 1040-ES, Estimated Tax for Individuals to calculate and vouchers to make the payments.

Please let me know if you need more information.
If not then please scroll up to see the STARS to rate so I am credited.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thank you.

You are most welcome.
A positive 5 star rating would be appreciated so I am credited for assisting.

Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4