Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Due to illness I had to reschedule my tax appointment. The…

Due to illness I had...
Due to illness I had to reschedule my tax appointment. The to earliest I could get it was March 19th. I have two partnerships on my return which I now understand are due March 15th. How do I file for an extension?
3/13/2018
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Use Form 7004 to request an extension for EACH partnership.

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f7004.pdf

Mail each 7004 in a separate envelope, and my recommendation is to mail it by certified mail, return receipt requested.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Which form code do I use? I thought it was just called a schedule K

Form 1065 partnership return.

The K-1 is generated by the K-1.

Are you looking for extensions for the partnership returns or your personal return?

Just the partnership portion. My personal ones will be done next week.
What about lines 6-8? I don’t have a clue what our taxes might be

You leave those lines blank.

Partnerships do not pay taxes.

That's why you receive a K-1. Any profit/loss flows to your personal return.

Oh ok. Is there any fees with this form or late filing ?

No fee for the form.

Mail it by 3/15/18.

Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Thank you for the positive rating of my answer. It is very much appreciated.

Have a great day!