Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Barb still confused on how to handle this. An Ohio IT 4708…

Customer Question
Hi Barb still confused on...
Hi Barb still confused on how to handle this. An Ohio IT 4708 was filed on my behalf and I am not paying my portion of the tax owed until 2018 so can I still claim that on the 2017 return for the Pass-Through Entity Credit?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Tax
3/13/2018
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 1 month ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Thank you for requesting me.

The 20% deduction does not take effect until the 2018 tax year, which will be filed in early 2019.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am using Turbo tax and if I put my payment in that I made in Jan 2018 I get a portion back if I don’t put it in it has me paying in again? This is where it asks for the amount of Ohio credit paid in my behalf. Sorry to be such a pain but it is really confusing me because the amount of money made was so small I wouldn’t think I would have to pay twice.

If you are talking about an estimated payment you made in January of 2018 for 2017, then you would include the amount on your 2017 tax return.

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent