Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I have an LLC that I recently formed in October 2017. I am…

Hello, I have an...

Hello, I have an LLC that I recently formed in October 2017. I am the only member of the LLC and have not sold anything under the LLC title or bought anything yet. I am wondering what taxes I need to file for my LLC? Thank you

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

I do not think so

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/13/2018
Chad EA, CFP ®
Chad EA, CFP ®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER TM, Professional

Hello!

My name is***** will assist you today.

Please give me one moment while I review your question and type my initial response

With no activity you will not owe or have to file Federal taxes, but you may have a state obligation.

What state did you form your LLC?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
North Carolina

The State of North Carolina requires you to file an Annual Report, which you may do using the link I provided below. The fee to file the annual report is $25.

https://www.sosnc.gov/divisions/business_registration/annual_report

Please let me know if this has answered your question or if you have any additional questions.

When you have no further questions a positive rating of 5 stars is much appreciated.

Thank you!

Chad EA, CFP ®
Chad EA, CFP ®
Chad EA, CFP ®