Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I am an small bussines owner, I used to have a payroll

HI, I am an...

HI, I am an small bussines owner, I used to have a payroll company that i Separated since november and started with my bank payrool company. THe old company still sending invoices and trying to removed payments from my bank account , they filled my taxes so when my payroll company filled and send it to the IRS they rejected because the old company did itwithout my authorization. I have been trying to contact someone from that busiiness without any luck

Accountant's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Arizona

Accountant's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just need to know what to do first i dont have money for a lawyer

3/13/2018
PDtax
PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi from Just Answer. I'm PDtax, and can assist.

There are a few issues, along with some suggestions for steps to take.

First, you are supposed to sign the authorization form for e-filing. If you don't sign, they shouldn't file.

Second, I would change my bank account so that unauthorized access would go away.

Third, reconcile what has been reported to IRS and file amended returns if needed.

If you terminated your contract with the first provider properly, you may be able to pursue legal remedies.

I hope that covers things. Thanks for asking at just answer. Positive feedback is appreciated. I'm PDtax.

Thanks for your response and guidance. I will take the steps

You're welcome.

Can I ask for positive feedback? Experts are not compensated for our work unless customers acknowledge their satisfaction. Five stars is best.

PDtax

PDtax