Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I received a pin from the IRS because our Information was…

Customer Question
I received a pin...

I received a pin from the IRS because our Information was compromised from The VA. I can not find the letter. What can I do?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

My information from The VA was compromised . I am a Va employee and can not find my Pin Number they sent me, How can I get a copy

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

No other than I tried file and they wont take my filing without it

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Tax
3/12/2018
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 1 month ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** will be assisting you. I am prepping my response, which I will provide to you in the next thread(s).

---------------------------------

Note that telephone call and other solicitations are automatically generated by the site, not me. If you are not interested, simply decline.

Still writing...

Following are the ways that you can retrieve your IP PIN. SEE BELOW;

------------------------------

How to retrieve your IP PIN online

You may use our Get an IP PIN online tool to retrieve your current IP PIN. We require you to register and verify your identity in order to use the tool. This process is essential to protect your personal and tax information. Please refer to “Step 2: What You Need”, before using the online tool. Follow the prompts to retrieve your IP PIN.

If you previously created an online account and obtained an IP PIN, access Get an IP PIN and log in to your account with your username and password. You may be required to verify your identity again due to our increased account security. Follow the prompts to retrieve your IP PIN.

https://www.irs.gov/identity-theft-fraud-scams/get-an-identity-protection-pin

----------------------------------------------

How to get your IP PIN reissued

If you're unable to retrieve your IP PIN online, you may call us at(###) ###-####for specialized assistance, Monday - Friday, 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. your local time (Alaska & Hawaii follow Pacific Time), to have your IP PIN reissued. An assistor will verify your identity and mail your IP PIN to your address of record within 21 days.

--------------------------------------------

In closing, my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible! Hopefully, the service that I have provided has earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you in advance. If you require further assistance, use the reply box and let me know.

Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant