Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

My 97 year old mother has 24 hour care in her home. She is…

My 97 year old...

My 97 year old mother has 24 hour care in her home. She is paying about 2000/week for the services. Can she deduct these expenses

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

She pays for the Home care out of her savings and mutual fund accounts.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

I have records of the payments and the workers are acting as independent contractors

3/12/2018
Carter McBride
Carter McBride, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hey! I'm Carter, I'm a CPA and can help you with this.

These are considered tax deductible expenses and are deductible on Schedule A as medical expenses.

Let me know if you need anything else. If not, please leave a rating. Thanks!

Hey! Just wanted to follow up to see if you needed anything else. If not, please leave a rating so I can get credit for helping you out. Thanks!

Carter McBride