Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

My husband and I file married filing jointly last year and…

Customer Question
My husband and I...

My husband and I file married filing jointly last year and this year but the tax program is asking for his adjusted gross income for 2016 I entered adj gross income of the 2016 tax return line 37 and it was rejected. He don't have income of his own so I then entered 0 and it was rejected

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Tax
3/12/2018
Tax Professional: James Daloisio, Tax Attorney replied 5 months ago
James Daloisio
James Daloisio, Tax Attorney

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer.

I know that this is supposed to be an "answer," but I need some information.

1. What software are you using?

2. is this the same software you used to prepare your 2016 tax return last year?

3. If so, was it done on the same computer and did you import 2016's information into the current year's program?

4. What state are you in?

5. What section of the return is asking you for his AGI?

Let me know and we'll go from there....

Thanks but I figured it out , I transpose some numbers so the figures didn't match my 2016 AGI. I'm in the state of Georgia and I didn't use the same tax program. Thanks for the response next time I'll know to give more identifying information