Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I work full time and I also draw a SS check from my

Customer Question
I work full time...

I work full time and I also draw a SS check from my ex-husband. What forms do I need to fill out?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I want to file a tax return and need to know what forms I need for the Social Security. I have been filing an EZ 1040 for working full time but in April of 2017 I turned 70 and signed up to receive a SS check from my ex-husband. What forms do I need to file. I still work full time.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

Not that I know of.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Tax
3/12/2018
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 1 month ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

You can use Form 1040A.

Here are the form and the instructions:

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040a.pdf

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1040a.pdf

Some of your Social Security may be taxable because you work full time, so you will want to look at the instructions for Lines 14a and 14b.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know so I can continue to assist you.

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent