Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I am a single mom residing in Georgia. I got behind in

Good Morning, My name...

Good Morning, My name is***** am a single mom residing in Georgia. I got behind in filing my taxes. First my husband walked out, then I underwent open heart surgery, when I got back on my feet, I got a ransom virus in my computer that destroyed my business accounting system, I have reinstated 5 years of accounting and have the taxes for 2014 thru 2017 ready to file and without penalties and interest I owe about $3000.00. I wasn't sure if I needed to send them all together or separately. I guess I am afraid of what comes next. I am still a single mom juggling life daily just like so many others. What should I expect?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

Not that I know of

3/12/2018
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

You can efile your 2017 tax return.

The prior year returns should be mailed in SEPARATE envelopes to the IRS. My recommendation would be to use certified mail, return receipt requested.

Don't worry. Many people get behind on filing their tax returns for one reason or another.

Bravo to you for getting caught up with filing!

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you! Linda

My pleasure.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. Please take a moment to rate my answer with a 5-star rating to let me know that I have achieved my goal.

Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent