Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

My soc sec number has been closed due to my death. My CPA…

My soc sec number...

My soc sec number has been closed due to my death.

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

My CPA sent in my taxes electronically and it came back that my SS# ***** ***** due to my death.

3/12/2018
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

The IRS receives this information from the Social Security Administration. Contact the Social Security Administration (SSA) at(###) ###-####between the hours of 7:00 am and 7:00 pm, Monday through Friday, to verify that their records are accurate. If SSA records need to be corrected, it can take up to four weeks to transfer the updated information to the IRS.

You can either wait four weeks and then try to re-efile your return or you can mail it to the IRS now.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

thank you

My pleasure.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. Please take a moment to rate my answer with a 5-star rating to let me know that I have achieved my goal.

Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent