Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

On my Federal Tax Return S-Corp, Can I write off my leased…

On my Federal Tax Return...
On my Federal Tax Return S-Corp, Can I write off my leased vehicle?
3/12/2018
Carter McBride
Carter McBride, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hey! I'm Carter, I'm a CPA and can help you.

Yea, since you need to be deducting actual vehicle expenses, you can deduct your lease payments.

You can only do that if the S Corp leases the car and you can only deduct the business portion.

Let me know if you need anything else. If not, please leave a rating. Thanks!

if I use my vehicle for business 80% of the time I depreciate 80% of the value and expense 80% of the lease payments?

Yes to 80% of the lease payments. No to depreciation. You do not depreciate a leased vehicle.

Carter McBride