Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I have a single member llc. What form is used to file for…

Customer Question
I have a single member...
I have a single member llc. What form is used to file for extension for that.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Tax
3/12/2018
Tax Professional: Chad EA, CFP ®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER TM, Professional replied 1 month ago
Chad EA, CFP ®
Chad EA, CFP ®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER TM, Professional

Hello!

My name is***** will assist you today.

Please give me one moment while I review your question and type my initial response

Single member LLC only need to file a personal tax extension request using IRS From 4868, which I have placed a link to below.

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4868.pdf

You do need to file Form 4868 before April 17th this year. Once the IRS approves your extension request, this will suffice for both your personal and business tax extension needs.

Please let me know if this has answered your question or if you have any additional questions.

When you have no further questions a positive rating of 5 stars is much appreciated.

Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
single member llc do not need to file by March 15 like multi member LLC

Correct.

Partnerships and S Corps file by March 15th.--Single member LLC's filing date is April 17 2018

Thank you!

Chad EA, CFP ®
Chad EA, CFP ®