Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I have a couple where the husband makes $266,000 and the…

Customer Question
I have a couple where...
I have a couple where the husband makes $266,000 and the wife working as a realtor made a net of $180,000. I understand that she should be able to contribute 20% of her income to a SEP IRA. So that should be $36,000, which is below the max threshold of $53,000 for 2017. Unfortunately, when I fill out form 8606, no matter what line I put the $36,000 ( or any amount for that matter) I never see it carried over on line 32 on the 1040.
There is a chance that my tax software is the one prohibiting this transaction. If you just assure me which lines I should use and that there is no other form that needs to be filled out, I'd appreciate it.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Tax
3/11/2018
Tax Professional: ABC Accounting Group, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 1 month ago
ABC Accounting Group
ABC Accounting Group, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi. Great Question.

Hi. Check Line 28. Save and see if it will calc. Sometimes, automatic calc is off.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Line 28? Form 8606 only goes to line 25?

Line 25 on the 1040 is HSA - you have an IRA - just confirming.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Your responses to my questions aren't making any sense. Please stop emailing me.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney