Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Does a "Day Trader" qualify for income averaging? They seem…

Customer Question
Does a "Day Trader" qualify...
Does a "Day Trader" qualify for income averaging?
They seem to fit the reg's but are not mentioned specifically.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Tax
3/11/2018
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 1 month ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

NO

The general 4-year income averaging rule expired in 1986. Currently, income averaging can only be used by farmers and fishermen for their business income and, in some cases, for lump-sum retirement plan distributions.

Please let me know if you need more information.
If not then please scroll up to see the STARS to rate so I am credited.

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4