Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

How can I locate the social security number of a deceased…

How can I locate...

How can I locate the social security number of a deceased relative if I do not know what it is?

Accountant's Assistant: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

My brother was killed in a car wreck in 1964. He was in the Army at the time and had taken out a life insurance policy that my parents never claimed. I want to try to see if that policy still is open. Neither my brother nor I know what his SSN was.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?

Not that I know of.

3/11/2018
Richard, Tax Attorney

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Good afternoon. You can get it from his death certificate. If you don't have a copy of the death certificate, you can get it from the health department of the county that issued the certificate originally.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you. I hadn't thought of that.

You're very welcome! It's been my honor and privilege to help you with this. If I can help you in any way in the future, I'll be happy to help. For easy access, my bookmark is: www.justanswer.com/law/expert-legalbeacon/ . Or, simply request “Richard only” in the first line of your question.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (i.e., 4 or 5 stars)(hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Richard, Tax Attorney

Thank you so much for the 5-star rating! I know rating takes an additional step and I truly appreciate you taking the extra time!

Richard, Tax Attorney