Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I have a tax question regarding 1099-k. I received 1099-k…

Hi i have a...

Hi i have a tax question regarding 1099-k

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Ok I received 1099-k for money received in 2017. I have cost of service that will lower my profit. All this is good. My question I had an initial capital cash. Where do I include the capital money.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

That's pretty much it

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/11/2018
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

You do not report the amount you put into the company as capital cash. You do not pay tax on that and you do not deduct it either.

Ok thanks

You are most welcome.
A positive 5 star rating is appreciated so I am credited for assisting.

Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Can you please call me I would like to explain my situation more in details it's more complicated than how I asked
NPVAdvisor
NPVAdvisor, CFP Licensee and Practitioner
Phone call session started