Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I am trying to complete 8962 AND do not know how to answer…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to complete 8962 AND do not know how to answer line 5

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I did not get my taxes because I did not complete this form I had access health from may to December. on line one my amount is 33519, so I fall in the 250% bracket I believe and can take tax credit??

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

I don't know I filed my taxes through turbo tax and don't know where to go fromhere to get them completed.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Tax
3/11/2018
Tax Professional: Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 1 month ago
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

Hi. My name’s Lane …

I hold a law degree (J.D.), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA in finance, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS (Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist) designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, to clients on three continents, since 1986.

I’m reading your question now.

Bear with me a moment while I type up my response.

….

Then if you have further questions we can go from there

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you

I'm not sure I understand your question, Can you be more specific? What, exactly, is your question?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am really confused with taxesn No thank you to the phone call
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am on question 5 and do not know how to find or figure out household income as a percentage of federal poverty level

1. Enter the amount from line 3 of Form 8962 ....................... 1. _________

...

...

2. Enter the amount from line 4 of Form 8962 ....................... 2. ___________

...

3. Multiply the amount on line 2 by 4.0 __________

...

4. Is the amount on line 1 more than the amount on line 3?

...

• Yes. The amount on line 1 above is more than 400% of the federal poverty line. Enter 401 here and on line 5 of Form 8962.
  • No. Divide the amount on line 1 above by the amount on line 2 above.

(No, continued) Do not round; instead multiply this number by 100 (to express it as a percentage) and then drop any numbers after the decimal point. For example, for 0.9984, enter the result as 99; for 1.8565, enter the result as 185; and for 3.997, enter the result as 399*. Enter the result here and on line 5 of Form 8962 ....................... 4.__________

...

*If line 4 is below 100, your Household income below 100% of the federal poverty line, and you may qualify for Medicaid.

You may qualify for the PTC if your household income is less than 100% of the federal poverty line and you meet all of the following requirements:

...

• You or an individual in your tax family enrolled in a qualified health plan through a Marketplace.
  • The Marketplace estimated at the time of enrollment that your household income would be at least 100% but not more than 400% of the federal poverty line for your family size for 2017.
  • APTC was paid for the coverage for one or more months during 2017.

If they've asked you just to complete the 8962, that will do it. You don't need to re-do the entire return

Lane
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS