Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

How to treat the payments received from UBER earnings? They…

How to treat the payments...
How to treat the payments received from UBER earnings? They did not send any 1099 or W2!
3/11/2018
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** will be assisting you. I am prepping my response, which I will provide to you in the next thread(s).

You really should have received a 1099-MISC or a 1099-K from Uber. You may want to contact UBER and ask that they send you a duplicate one. While you don't necessarily need the 1099 from them, it might be best if you did have one because UBER tends to add certain expenses in with your income, which you can offset with deductions.

Once you receive the 1099, you would report the income/expenses on the Schedule C. You might find the document at the following link useful as well. It is an Uber Partner Guide.

https://www.hrblock.com/pdf/Partner-Facing-Guide-FAQ-Combined.pdf

----------------------------------

If you do not require further assistance with this matter, i ask that you please take the time to positively rate my response 3 or more stars so that I can receive credit for assisting you. A 5 star rating is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I received the document with all info but they did not name the document

Please clarify what you mean by...they did not name the document.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Neither it is a 1099-MISC
or1099K

It's rather odd that they just sent you a random document. It doesn't really matter, you report your income and expenses on the Schedule C as mentioned in my previous response. Your income is your gross receipts.

Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant