Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I have a registered business in florida and I am only owner…

Customer Question
I have a registered...

I have a registered business in florida and I am only owner its a llc company and I have a online business service for customers p.c.printers .routers, devices all troubleshooting on line and I have a subcontractor in india who dos the service for customers . dos he get the tax tready in india is it the law between u.s.a. and india because if not is it double taxation ?which is very large amount to pay to both countries 30% ?

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

Yes wait

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Tax
3/11/2018
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 5 months ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** will be assisting you. I am prepping my response, which I will provide to you in the next thread(s).

---------------------------

Note that the telephone and other solicitation are automatically generated by the site, not me. If you are not interested, simply decline.

Still writing...

There is a tax treaty between the U.S. and India. Article 25 of that addresses the elimination of double taxation. Your worker in India needs to submit a Form W8-BEN to you. SEE BELOW:

--------------------------

If you receive certain types of income, you must provide Form W-8BEN to:

Establish that you are not a U.S. person;

Claim that you are the beneficial owner of the income for which Form W-8BEN is being provided or a foreign partner in a partnership subject to section 1446;

and If applicable, claim a reduced rate of, or exemption from, withholding as a resident of a foreign country with which the United States has an income tax treaty and who is eligible for treaty benefits.

REFERENCE SOURCE:

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/iw8ben.pdf

Form W8-BEN instructions

Link to Form W8-BEN:
https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw8ben.pdf

-------------------------------------------

In closing, my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible! Hopefully, the service that I have provided has earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you in advance. If you require further assistance, use the reply box and let me know.

As you are paying a foreign person, you are also required to complete the Form 042 and 1042-S.

Link to Form 1042/instructions:

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1042.pdf

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1042.pdf

Link to Form 1042-S/instructions:

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1042s.pdf

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1042s.pdf