Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I received an adjustment for 2015 from the IRS, they claim…

Customer Question
I received an adjustment...

I received an adjustment for 2015 from the IRS, they claim my CA income tax witholding was incorrect, and they adjusted it from 25,893 to 10,879, but my W-2 has the amount 25,893 from 2015

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Tax
3/11/2018
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 1 month ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** will be assisting you. I am prepping my response, which I will provide in the next thread(s).

---------------------

Note that the telephone call and other solicitations are automatically generated by the site, not me. If you are not interested, simply decline.

Still typing...

Regarding the adjustment, if you do not agree with it, indicate that you do not agree with it and send the IRS a copy of your W2 showing the amount of the withholding back with the notice that you received.

----------------------------

In closing, my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible! Hopefully, the service that I have provided has earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you in advance. If you require further assistance, use the reply box and let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't need to include any specific form, just reply with a letter and the copy of the statement and my w2?

In brief, there is no other specific form that you would send in. There should be an area on the notice that you received asking if you agree or disagree. You would check disagree, enclose a statement as to why you disagree if there is not an area on the form to write an explanation and send in the form that you rec'd from the IRS and a copy of the W2 form.

Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant