Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Just wondering what 971 code means with a 0 next to it. I…

Customer Question
Just wondering what 971...

Just wondering what 971 code means with a 0 next to it

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I have a code of 971 on my tax return. I filed 1/29 and received my account transcripts says my return won't process until 3/26

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

I also have code 570 which I believe is a hold

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Tax
3/11/2018
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 1 month ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** will be assisting you. I am prepping my response, which I will provide to you in the next thread(s).

The code 971 represents a list of matters. In general, it means that an IRS notice has been sent to you explaining why your refund has either been offset or delayed. You can refer to the following link for all the meanings of the code 971.

https://www.auditdetective.com/Transaction_Code_Definitions.html#codeDef965

-----------------------------------

The code 570 means that there is an additional liability pending. Do you owe child support, or anything like that? If so, this is likely why your refund is being held up. The same reference source for the code 971 explains what the code 570 means.

--------------------------------------

In closing, my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible! Hopefully, the service that I have provided has earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you in advance. If you require further assistance, use the reply box and let me know.

Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant