Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I need my return from 2016. I don't have my AGI for this…

Customer Question
I need my return...

I need my return from 2016. I don't have my AGI for this years return

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I am preparing my tax return for 2017 I need my AGI from return on last year

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Tax
3/10/2018
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 3 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

If you do not have a copy of your 2016 tax return,

If you don’t have a prior year return, you have a few options.

You can:

• Order an online transcript of your return on the IRS Transcript site.
  • Order a printed transcript of your return on the IRS Transcript site that will be sent to you by mail to the last address on your last return. (If you’ve moved, file an 8822 to update your address which takes 4-6 weeks)
  • Call the IRS on(###) ###-####or make an appointment at a local IRS office.
  • Print your return and send it in by mail if you’re still having trouble getting your adjusted gross income (AGI) from last year.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

How do I go to the IRS transcript site

Wait a minute. I'll give you the link.