Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Will a clients nol subtract a trust income from the k1 he…

will a clients nol subtract...
will a clients nol subtract a trust income from the k1 he received?
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/10/2018
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

Is that a personal NOL or NOL passed to beneficiaries from the trust?

The client CL closed his Corporation and that was his personal carry forward from the nol on the corporation it is not a trust in nol the trust made money if it is a personal nol won't the trust income come off of the personal nol
it was an nol from his closed corporation it is personal it is not an nol from the trust being passed to beneficiarie...the trust made money it had taxable income

Corporation NOLs are not passed to shareholders.

We need to be clear if that is C-corporation - its NOL dies when the corporation is dissolved.

If that is S-corporation - it pays no income tax and would not have any NOL - instead taxable income is passed to shareholders and we would be dealing with personal NOL

Please verify.

I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.

Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all Social Security / Tax related issues
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor