Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

On the state of ohio IT 1040, it is asking nonbusiness

income tax liability on line...
on the state of ohio IT 1040, it is asking nonbusiness income tax liability on line 7a, I have 842 on line 7a, so I believe that 8a should be 0, does that sound correct?
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/10/2018
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

Line 7a is just the amount from page 1 carried over

8a is same as 7

Skip 8b

I enter 842 for 8a?

No they want the tax (sorry) I was looking at a different form

Using the income tax tables on pages 36-42, calculate your tax on your Ohio income tax base less business income.

DO you have the table if not I will look it up for you

sorry I don't have the tax table

$4

skip b

8c $4

skip to 13 $4

14 withholding

skip to 18 same as 14

skip to 20 same as 18

21 $4

skip to 24 same as 20 less $4

Line 27 refund same as 24

Sign and done

Please let me know if you need more information.
If not then please scroll up to see the STARS to rate so I am credited.

Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4