Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I owe 3k to the irs due to my error. I have always owned a…

I owe 3k to...

I owe 3k to the irs due to my error. I have always owned a home and do single claiming 4 last year I sold and paid cash for a manufacted home and "forgot" to change my withholding. I have now corrected it. Question do I have to file quarterly 2018. My income is less then 50k and yes I paid the pently for 2017.

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

No just my stupid error.

3/10/2018
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

As long as you have adjusted your withholding amount to single 0 or single 1, you would not have to make quarterly estimated tax payments in 2018.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Thank you for the positive rating of my answer. It is very much appreciated.

Have a great weekend!