Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

What is the difference between a transcript of my 2017 tax…

What is the difference...

What is the difference between a transcript of my 2017 tax return and a copy of my 2017 tax return?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

My 2017 taxes were done online with TurboTax. However the copy I printed from them differs from the amount of the refund check I received yesterday.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

I can't think of anything unless the accountant would like the actual dollar amounts

3/10/2018
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** will be assisting you. I am prepping my response, which I will provide to you in the next thread(s).

-------------------------

Note that telephone and other solicitations are automatically generated by the site, not me. If you are not interested, simply decline.

Still writing...

The difference between a tax return transcript and a copy of the tax return is that the transcript is a summarized version of the actual tax return. While relevant information shows on the transcript, not all of the information from the tax return shows on the transcript. You can view a version of a tax return transcript at the following link.

https://www.irsmedic.com/blog/2013/08/irs-tax-transcript-request-by-individual-vs-irs-tax-transcript-request-by-irs-tax-lawyers.html

----------------------------------------

In closing, my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible! Hopefully, the service that I have provided has earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you in advance. If you require further assistance, use the reply box and let me know.

Another sample of a tax return transcript.

http://test.refundtalk.com/how-to-read-an-irs-transcript/

Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Cancel my subscription

I will send the request to cancel the subscription to customer service.