Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I'm considering adjusting my federal withholding and need to…

I'm considering adjusting my...

I'm considering adjusting my federal withholding and need to determine whats the best course of action

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I'm married, my wife does not work. I have two jobs and 1 child

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

I made 120,00 last year and got 12000 back from federal govt for 2017 tax year

3/10/2018
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

The IRS has their W4 calculator up and running finally. If you want to have less withheld so you will have more of your money in the year then you really need to run your exact amounts through the calculator.

Have your most recent income tax return handy; a copy of your completed Form 1040 will help you estimate your 2018 tax and you really need to have your pay stub as well.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/irs-withholding-calculator

Remember to list the jobs separately.

Let me know if you need assistance with it.

Please let me know if you need more information.
If not then please scroll up to see the STARS to rate so I am credited.

Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4