Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

How do I report the sale of a Partnership? Husband and Wife…

How do I report...

How do I report the sale of a Partnership?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Husband and Wife LLC Partnership with one asset - a building, and one liability-mortgage on that building, sells Partnership to third party. What entries are made on the 1065, K-1 and the husband and wife's joint return?

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

I have been doing mostly individual tax returns for 20 years on the side. This is the only partnership return I have to do and need to terminate it as of 12/20/17, when the interests in the partnership were sold.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I just need to make sure I report the termination of the Partnership and properly reflect the gain on the sale on the former partners 1040. Shouldn't take much time. Please call me at(###) ###-####
3/10/2018
Dr. Fiona Chen
Dr. Fiona Chen, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

I'm Fiona, former IRS revenue agent. I am looking at your question and will get back to you soon. Fiona Chen, MPA, Ph.D., CPA, ABV, CFF, CITP,IMTA

Dear Customer,

Please feel free to request for telephone service at your end.

Thank you.

Regards,

Fiona

Dr. Fiona Chen
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Would like to see any forms?
Phone call session started
Dr. Fiona Chen
Dr. Fiona Chen