Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

What box should I use to prepare 1099 for a cpa

what box should I use to prepare 1099 for a cpa
3/10/2018
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

If the CPA is not paid as a corporation you list the amount in Box 7 as a Non Employee Compensation payment.

Please let me know if you need more information.
If not then please scroll up to see the STARS to rate so I am credited.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sure, we have two vendors and they are a Inc company . what should i choose when I pay them in box 7

If they are INC then you do not use the 1099MISC. Your deducting their fee is not stopped by not reporting on 1099MISC.

You do not issue a 1099MISC but use their invoice as your proof of payment so you can deduct the expense.

No 1099MISC is required.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok thank you, ***** ***** our vendor didn't send us invoice, but he did send ur a w9 form of the Inc

You can use your cancelled check as proof of payment.

You are most welcome.
A positive 5 star rating is appreciated so I am credited for assisting.

Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4