Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I am 73, have a small in home business, bit haven't filed…

Customer Question
I am 73...

I am 73, have a small in home business, bit haven't filed taxes because I don't make more than $20,000. 2017, I reveived o

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Recieved an inheritance of $48000. Do I need to file this year?Just

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Tax
3/10/2018
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 4 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

If it was a cash inheritance (i.e., from the deceased's checking/savings/CD/money market account), it is not taxable or reportable on your tax return.

As an FYI, you should be filing a tax return each year for your self employment income from your home business.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb