Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Im self employeed home owner veteran divorced with full

Customer Question
custody of 1 child doing...
Im self employeed home owner veteran divorced with full custody of 1 child doing taxes in NJ
i know i have deduction for...
-veteran
-1 childwhat other deductions do i have?
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/9/2018
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 3 months ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

There is no special deductions for veterans, but if you have VA benefits - these are NOT included into taxable income.

If you have a qualifying child living with you and whom you may claim as a dependent - you are eligible to use HOH - head or household filing stratus.

That will allow to use larger standard deduction and more favorable tax tables.

Depending on your income - you might be eligible for EIC - earned income credit and Child tax credit - depending on age of your child.

Let me know if you need any further help.

s a person with a disability, you may qualify for certain tax deductions, income exclusions, and credits. More detailed information may be found in the IRS publications referred to below.

If you.......

For more information about the tax benefits available to persons with disabilities and the parents of children with disabilities, please refer to Publication 3966, Living and Working with Disabilities