Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

My Income was only what we get from Social Security which is…

Customer Question
My Income was only...

My Income was only what we get from Social Security which is around only !,290.00 a month for me and !980 a month for my wife, we also pay $1700 a month for house rent, do we have to file

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

No but thank you I am 85 my wife is 78.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Tax
3/9/2018
Tax Professional: Gerald, Esq, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Attorney

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Can you verify the dollar amounts again. There is an "!" mark and I do not know if you intended a 1.

Is your income $1290 and $1980?

I am working on your answer now. I am sorry for the delay. It takes some time to prepare a complete answer. Please note the phone call requests are generated automatically from the system. I do not control them.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Kind regards,

Gerald

I haven't heard back from you . So I am assuming that the amounts are:

$1290 and $1980

This gives you a total Social Security income of $25050 per year. As a married couple filing jointly you have NO tax liability.

Based on this you do NOT have to file an income tax return.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald

(Please do not forget to rate me – click the five stars. It adds nothing additional to your costs, but it helps me greatly. Plus it is good Karma for you. Thank you.)