Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I am 84 yr old my only income is my soc sec and 473.00 per…

Customer Question
I am 84 yr...

I am 84 yr old my only income is my soc sec and 473.00 per mo pension,do I have to income tax, I think i'm exempt!

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

My total income is approx 28,000.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

I don't think so

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/9/2018
Tax Professional: Richard, Tax Attorney replied 1 month ago
Richard, Tax Attorney

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Good afternoon. No, you will owe no income tax. Your pension is not enough to cause any portion of your social security to be taxable. And, the standard deduction and personal exemption are in excess of your pension income. Thus, you will have no tax liability.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (i.e., 4 or 5 stars)(hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Just following up. My screen indicates that you have not reviewed my response. Please let me know if you did not receive it so I can re-send it if necessary. Thank you!

If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (i.e., 4 or 5 stars)(hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Richard, Tax Attorney