Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

A waitress who doesn't get paid a salary and strictly works…

A waitress who doesn't get...
A waitress who doesn't get paid a salary and strictly works for tips would report her tips where on the 1040.
Would she be subject to a self employment tax? What rate would that be.?
3/9/2018
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Tip income is subject to income and self employment (Social Security and Medicare) taxes.

Use Schedule C so Schedule SE will be generated.

The following link contains information you will find helpful:

https://www.irs.com/articles/reporting-tip-income-irs

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Thank you for the positive rating of my answer. It is very much appreciated.

Have a great weekend!