Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I am a single member LLC in CA. when i file form 568, what…

I am a single...

I am a single member LLC in CA. when i file form 568, what do i fill in prinicipal business activity name and principal product or service. My company has a software product/service in cloud

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

What more info u need?

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

Dont think so. this is the first page of 568 where next to address i have to fill in these prinicpal business activity name and prinicipal product or sevice (same as federal)

3/9/2018
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

You stated "My company has a software product/service in cloud" so I know it will be in the 540000 section for Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services.

If you do not see it specifically for what you actually do choose 541990 for All Other Professional, Scientific, & Technical Services

There are 2 items to i need to fill in form 568 in slide 1
1. Prinicipal business activity name (same as federal)
2. Principal product or service (same as federal)What do i fill there the number or description
where do i find this list of codes u mentioned in 540000 section
09 March 2018 10:10There are 2 items to i need to fill in form 568 in slide 1
2. Principal product or service (same as federal)What do i fill there - the number or description?

The codes are in the booklet and instructions

https://www.ftb.ca.gov/forms/2016/16_568bk.pdf

What do i fill there - the number or description?
looks like u just dont bother to answer my sepcific question i kept repeating again and again

Thank you. SO sorry fo rthe delay but I was engaged with someone else.

The Business activity name is***** Scientific, & Technical Services or what ever you decided best fit your situation.

Principal product or service (same as federal)

What is your listed product or service on your federal filing? What code did you use when you filed the fed?

I am going to opt out now so you can have another person.

Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Different expert here - my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to answer your specific question.

You will use the code numbers for the Principal business activity and Principal product or service NOT the description.

The codes will be the same that you use on your federal return.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent